The technology now used within today’s workers’ comp industry is remarkable compared to what was available just a few decades prior. A dominant component of advocacy, claims, and treatment, technology is helping employers and insurers work the bugs out of the process, producing amazing results and the promise of even more unbelievable advancements on the horizon…
How is Technology Reshaping the Workers Compensation Industry?
- Paper Falls by the Wayside
- NOW: Endless forms and lost paperwork are no longer, replaced by automated forms, electronic signatures and correspondence that is both faster and easily trackable.
- LATER: Lengthy, written legalese explanations will be replaced by clearer video demonstrations. Avatars, virtual assistants, and chat will become more commonplace.
- “Smart” Tech Takes Over
- NOW: Smartphones and mobile devices empower injured workers, offering personal claims reporting, teledoctor consultations and referrals, status and payment checks, virtual correspondence examiners/case managers, and easy access to information via chat/messaging. This faster reporting and assessment speeds treatment, lowering pain severity and costs, and boosting network penetration.
- LATER: Wearable Tech will become increasingly common in the workplace, from high-tech safety vests and helmets to watches that identify fatigue, repetitive motions, and even alert employees of dangerous situations. For the injured, mobile self-service tools will encourage a more active role in recovery and return-to-work, and the introduction of digital wallets will offer more convenient access to prescriptions.
- Automation Moves Things Along
- NOW: Triggered by specific claims events, automated correspondence speeds the process with real-time text/email notifications, boosting productivity and claimant satisfaction.
- LATER: Tech driven by “empathetic” artificial intelligence will aid claimants, further reducing workloads.
- Video Trumps Phone Communication
- NOW: Employers, claims professionals, nurses, and attorneys can more easily communicate remotely and interactively.
- LATER: The transition to a more personal video telepresence will boost efficiency and improve interactions, making them more personable.
- Analytics Provide Greater Insight
- NOW: Predictive analysis through text mining is granting ever-faster access to previously unknown variables, identifying cost triggers (opioid use, comorbidities), and unearthing previously unidentified information.
- LATER: Prescriptive analytics will come into play, implementing new tech that prescribes successful and actionable intervention techniques.
Exciting Times, Amazing Opportunities
The industry and employers are capitalizing on this wave of technological change. When was the last time you initiated change in your workers’ compensation medical cost containment strategy? ANS Solutions’ streamlined Pharmacotherapy Review program has a proven track record for improving efficiency, reducing costs by over 25% with a success ratio of 94%, yielding a guaranteed return-on-investment of 20-to-1 through our Guarantee Program. Centered around maximizing treatment outcomes for injured workers, our unique, multi-faceted approach delivers cost-effective, proven treatment solutions that make a lasting, positive impact on the overall employee workers’ comp experience. Blaze a new trail in this innovative era. Contact http://www.ans-solutions.com today.
Original content posted on http://ans-solutions.com/how-technology-is-shaping-the-workers-compensation-industry/